Visit our Online Flea Market!

April 1, 2015


Today's post is sad and shocking, indeed.
It's a social dilemma we need to address -

Flawed Treasures Left On The Curb


Link
Every single day tarnished gems are given the boot, tossed,
left for the junk man to take to the dump.  It's a shame.


Not long ago, while walking Archie and Boswell, I happened
upon this vintage 1960's Sears Silvertone Stereo FM-AM Radio
Phonograph sitting on the street.  When I lifted the top of the cabinet
I found the original owner's manual and parts list.  


 As I heard the garbage truck rumbling down the street I wished that
the owner had listed this treasure under the FREE section of Craigslist.

We've all drive by 'finds' with lots of potential just sitting there,
watching possible adoptive families passing them by. 

Link












Link




Link





One person's trash is another person's treasure.


And that's no April Fool's Day joke!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! I spotted something I could use in every picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Side of the road yesterday, I found red painted wicker furniture - great shape: couch, 2 chairs, a table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved something in most of your pictures, thank goodness its not local otherwise I would have stuff everywhere. Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how some people organized their items so neatly on the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far in England it is still rare for people to place things by the curb (well, we don't have any in the countryside) to be taken. Sadly they dump them instead. In London you do see a few items, which are taken almost immediately. I think we need to try harder to reuse and to share with those who may need them. Also, a lot of charity shops will not take items because there is still some shame attached to shopping second hand. Imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here in America we are so wasteful! When I see people pass by these treasures just sitting there for free! because they want Brand new to satisfy their ego I am reminded of the quote"pride goeth before the fall".....Great post as usual, Ms Jan

    ReplyDelete