Visit our Online Flea Market!

September 12, 2012

Good morning, blogateers!  Sorry for the absence the last two days.  Travel fatigue
and a sneaky sinus infection have tag-teamed me and I'm a little under the weather.
You know what would perk me up?  You're right - Befores & Afters!


 
 Inde-Stress Mode
This leather wingback chair needed an update and, boy, did it get one!

The kitchen (below) is completely acceptable in its bare state:


But, look what a little paint and vintage accessories can do:


Most of us purchase nursery lamps then wonder how to update them as
our children get older.  Isn't this simple nautical treatment charming?


 
Mommy Diaries




As much as I love Before & After projects, I also adore
repurposing.  What better than to combine the two? 
Mod Pad
 
Who would have thought to use an old file cabinet as a patio planter?


Speaking of repurposing, here are few clever ideas I'm happy to share with you:

Laminated maps cut into gift tags 



A vintage sewing machine stand converted to a kitchen table 



A weathered window used to frame pages from an old science textbook





Vintage Tupperware used to make retro light fixtures

I hope these ideas inspire you to try a few repurposing projects
of your own.  And, let me know if you can think of a clever way to
camouflage a Kleenix box 'cause I'm going through tissues like crazy!

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I really love yours. Love those laminated map tags - so cool. As for your previous post about Restoration Hardware, that catalog has me drooling every time I look at it. We just got that industrial tool chest today in fact to use as a TV stand. I will prob post something about it soon. Following you!

    www.homesweetabode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarajan! I am so glad you found me so now I can follow you! I love everything about your blog and I can't wait to get inspired! The planter is brilliant...along with reusing old maps for gift tags! Cheers! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that vintage sewing machine base gives me an idea! I have one in storage that was my husband's grandmother's....still has the wood body but it's in rough shape...maybe I could find a way to use the metal part! You've found some great stuff here!

    ReplyDelete