Visit our Online Flea Market!

August 9, 2012

Do you feel like viewing a few repurposing projects today?  Me, too.


What a clever back-splash idea - your favorite fabric mounted
behind a thin piece of heat tempered glass.





Thrift shops offer a wide selection of used games and game pieces.
Hostess tip:  use the Scrabble tiles and wood holders to make
personalized place cards at your next dinner party.





 Link
Another darling use for a flea market or thrift
store piece of luggage - a traveling bar!





Need a unique gift idea for that hard-to-shop-for quirky, special friend?
Create a work of art of their initials with everyday items like nuts and bolts.





Not only is this a useful lamp, it's an interesting work of art made from
an old film reel, some kind of metal bar-thingy and a vintage light fixture.  





It's impossible to browse through a flea market without coming
across boxes of vintage utensils.  Isn't this a charming use
for those discarded forks and spoons?





Feeling crafty?  How precious are these headband
flowers made from recycled sheet music?




Without a doubt, the craftiest people in the world are brides on a budget.
This charming bouquet was created out of pages of poetry!


Another resourceful bride created these
darling centerpieces out of mason jars:




Hands down, this is THE best wedding gift EVER - a vintage globe
painted with the bride's and groom's names and their wedding date!

Today's repurposing shows us that we don't have to spend a lot of money to create
unique and charming gifts and decor.  I'm definitely using that globe idea, aren't you?!

5 comments:

  1. Such inspiration! I especially love the fabric backsplash...
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backsplash is a great idea, and presumably the design can be changed whenever you feel like it. I like the hooks made out of old cutlery, in fact, I have odd pieces lying around so I could do that.
    I often think that weddings done on a budget turn out looking better, and more tasteful, than lavish ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the inspiration! Great ideas! Love that globe too! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I am in LOVE with your blog! I love the airy, romantic, humble, sweet and sincerity tone of your words and pictures! I am SimplyyMayra, thank you for your love and support over at my blog PonderWonders. I am so glad you found me so I can find you! I am impressed! I got so happy to see that you are a G-Mom too, I was beginning to think I was the only G-Mom in blogsphere! I am now a loyal member #198. Looking forward to more of your inspiring posts. Tootles!

    ~SimplyyMayra
    P.S. Oh and by the way...I am Marianne Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the Scrabble idea! Genius! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete