Visit our Online Flea Market!

July 3, 2012

I have the most ingenious repurposings to share with you today:




How cute is this back splash (splash back?!) bottle cap idea?




Furniture artist Boris Bally turns transportation
signs into unique pieces of furniture. 




The next three ideas were featured in Country Living:



Make your own charming cabinet pulls
with miscellaneous forks and spoons.




 How adorable are these plastic farm animals
painted white and turned into candle holders?!




Here are two clever uses of Mason jars:





What a great gift ideas!




Country Living
Need an ideas for using vintage rulers? 



Last month while on vacation on Sullivan's Island, outside Charleston,
I took this photo of a huge flower sculpted out of old metal signs:






Over-sized yearbooks and almanacs
stack up to make a great 'table'.




This is one of the most precious repurposing projects I've ever
featured - broken pieces of china used to 'tile' a birdhouse.  The
tea cup perch is precious!


This is one of the most clever ideas using a wine bottle - outdoor lighting:




Koye Solomon thought up another darling use for wine bottles - outdoor
planters.  They're even more charming with vines growing along the hangers.


Remember, an apple a day . . . . . . . . 
 . . . . makes for great craft and repurposing projects!


Don't throw away the cork and wire from champagne
bottles - make tiny little chairs out of them!
Wouldn't these be darling name card holders at a dinner party?!







What a cute kitchen decorating idea - painting the back
drop of your plate rack with your favorite recipe.


Ever run across an old chair that's beyond saving?
Turn it into a planter for your deck or patio!



Do the same for an old dresser or cabinet:

Image
I love the water faucet drawer pulls, don't you?!





When a hollow old tree has to be cut down
most people have the stump ground up.  Why
not turn it into a planter?

Have a great repurposing day!




7 comments:

  1. That birdhouse is so pretty, and the champagne cork chairs are ingenious. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teeny tiny cork holder chairs :)
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank so much for featuring my bedside table turned planter with the faucet handles here on Flea Chic. If you would, please attribute the image and idea to http://imageremix.blogspot.com (Quirky Vistas). That would be much appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, thank you so much for letting me know I forgot to credit your photo. This morning while I was trying to finish the post my husband and grandson (visiting from Tennessee) were yelling from the dock, "Come on, the boat's leaving!" I rushed through the post and completely forgot to credit a few photos. I really appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Thanks!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for taking the time to do that Sarajan. Heck, if someone was calling me to a boat, I'd drop everything and run! Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment on my Shadow of the Flag post. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandson's friend. I'm grateful for his service and your grandson's and husbands. It's a different world having a loved one in the military. Hard to "get it" unless you've been there. The time my son spent in the military will be forever lodged in my heart and memory. Have a wonderful Independence Day.
      Liz

      Delete
  4. Wonderful shares! So many great ideas you've rounded up. I especially love the painted barn animal candle holders. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh! All of these are great! You've got great taste!

    ReplyDelete