Visit our Online Flea Market!

June 6, 2012

The Humble Pallet

Pallets have been a staple of industrization for the past one
hundred years.  Usually made of soft wood, pallets are used
to stack goods, keep the the goods off of the floor of shipping
containers and warehouses, and are easy to transport.
 
Often referred to as a skid, the humble pallet is enjoying
another type of function - repurposing:
 
 


Pallets were 'dismembered' and used to panel a wall - so rustic.









These two homeowners must have read the same decorating magazine!











So eclectic, so fleachic


Pallets must now meet international health, safety, and fumigation
standards in order to prevent the transmission of disease and insects. 












 Love the pallet; love the old door.



 A beast of burden, the pallet's serving spirit has taken wings in the art world, too.



What a precious reading nook.









 The many uses of the unassuming pallet are only restricted by our imaginations.

Photo credits to

3 comments:

  1. I have to say how amusing this is to me. My father started his own pallet mfg. business in 1968. I learned the business and worked there right out of high school(almost 30 yrs.) I became a female business person retiring in 2003. Even tho my heart was in decorating/gardening, who knew someone could take a pallet and repurpose it so uniquely and lovely. I have to say, this made my day!! From one sweetie to another.....Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!Thanks for sharing these very creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asking questions are really fastidious thing if you are not understanding something fully, but this paragraph gives nice understanding yet.


    Also visit my blog post :: easy payday cash advances

    ReplyDelete