Visit our Online Flea Market!

June 22, 2012

63 hours of Freedom!

I smell the delicious aroma of weekend in the air which means - projects!   Specifically, mini-projects.  
You don't want to use up all 63 hours (5 pm Friday to 8 am Monday) toiling away sanding, painting, 
recovering, blah, blah, blah.  So let's take a look at some micro re-dos that pack a wallop of results.


Like many thrift shops finds, this dollhouse kit wasn't finished.  It was about 90% complete - just needed
the last portion of the roof and paint.  Personally, I would have improvised some kind of trim to balance
out the right side but then I'm just picky like that.  Great job!





Kristi of The Speckled Dog is a GoodWill Transformation Goddess!
Her projects go from Boring to Snazzie in a couple of hours:



Maybe you're looking for a fun project to do with the children?
JoAnn's Fabrics has unpainted mini birdhouses for only $1.  Bet
you can download a coupon from their website for extra savings.

 These stands are actually wooden candle holders from a thrift shop.



Wouldn't this darling church bird house make a great centerpiece at a bridal shower?!


                    Another GW treasure - a dated spice rack.  Chalk paint completely transformed this little cabinet:
 
The Speckled Dog


A reproduction telephone bench from the 80's just needed a jolt of color and a bit of fabric:


This bench would shine in any room.


 You've already got everything you need for this B&A repurposing:
 


The easy instructions for making this awesome pillow can be found at Sawdust & Embryos.
Love Beth's and Nick's blog title - visit the site and you'll see why!  They very successfully
combine parenting of twins and decorating.  Such a darling family.


I'm lovin' the Shade of Gray - JUST kidding! - on these next two projects from The Thrifty Lifestyle.
                                        Before:
                                                            After:
Thrift shops are teeming with cast off dressers at extremely reasonable prices.
The paint treatment emphasizes the molding and drawer pulls.


          Before:

After:
The Thrifty Lifestyle
From trash heap to foyer!  I didn't even notice the lattice work
until it was highlighted with a lighter gray (awesome vase, btw.)

This last renovation has a special place in my heart.  I absolutely
love when antiques can be restored to their original beauty.


Utterly beautiful drop leaf gateleg table.  Well done.




Lastly, today is the 63rd birthday of my favorite actress, Meryl Streep.
This picture is just one of the reasons she's my IBFF (Imaginary Best Friend Forever).
She's a recycler at heart and admits to being thrifty.  Love her.




Whatever you do this weekend, squeeze as much fun out of it as you can!

25 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Wishing you a lovely weekend.....Xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!! I LOVE your blog!!!!!!!!! I am your newest follower. Thank you so much for following me or I might not have found you. Can't wait to read more posts. You are a fun lady, I can tell:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some great make-overs here. I am always impressed by the difference paint can make. I particularly like the grey drawers.
    Thank you for following my blog. I see you are a Jane Austen fan, have you checked out my posts from her house. I went there for my birthday treat at the end of March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super ideas, I loove that telephone bench ; the yellow colour reminds me of the seventies ! Have a great week-end !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mini-birdhouses!! I'm really enjoying your blog, thanks for finding me first! :)

    Stacy @ bluebaycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I say already I like your ideas very much?
    Thanks for finding me first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for finding my blog www.westiejulep and becoming a follower ... this is exciting! I'm now a follower of your blog and love your creativity ... so have a wonderful weekend doing the stuff you love to do!

    All the best,
    Katie
    www.westiejulep.blogspot.com (a blog that has a little of this and a little of that)
    and
    www.katiesews4fun.blogspot.com (a blog that features all the AMERICAN GIRL doll clothing I've made - most will go into an auction to help raise research $'s for the Westie Foundation of America)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your projects ...I'm so excited we are now Blog Friends
    Kat @ http://www.castawaysofyesterday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is inspiring. So glad you found me, so I could find you. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to add that you have inspired me to be brave enough to have a IBFF or two ...Hugssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad I found your blog, I love the birdhouses and I have a Joann's I haunt so I will check it out. I joined your blog, you have awesome ideas. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow. i just discovered your blog and im already in love. 1. you craft and 2. you appreciate the beauty that is Meryl S. im your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the antique table restoration! Hope you have a great weekend too :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the birdhouses on the candlesticks, sarajan! and doesn't meryl look GREAT at 63?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this very much - kind of fell across your blog! following you now though

    why not follow me www.thehousekeeperswaitingroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. My comments exactly the same as The Housekeeper! Loving your blog. Hello from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you girl for your comment. it put a little fire under my (you know what ) I so love your blog !!! I'm glad you found me so I could find you !

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great inspiring post! I love all the before and after projects. Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment. You also have a fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fabulous makeovers! Especially love the little bird houses!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some lovely projects I really like the little bird houses :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, pleased to meet you, and thanks for following over at knitsofacto. Your blog is awesome. And those little bird houses are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your style! War Eagle! My brother is actually an '03 Auburn electrical engineer, he may know your son. Always great to meet someone from the Auburn family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your blog, so full of thrifty, and beautiful ideas. People mistke that practical cannot be beautiful - how wrong that is! Love Meryl as well, seems a real person.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bloody hell some wonderful before and after shots here that doll house rocks I love it........

    ReplyDelete
  25. My god, you're crafty. And I've had a thing for Meryl for 20 years.

    ReplyDelete